How to Make a Fashion Tech Pack (Step by Step) : FREE TEMPLATE
Updated: Dec 10, 2020
Are you tired of getting very vague generalized tutorials for making a fashion tech pack? Don’t you wish someone would just tell you EVERYTHING that you need to do to create a professional tech pack from beginning to end? Well your prayers have been answered!
WARNING: There is NO one way to make a perfect tech pack, so don't drive yourself crazy trying to find the best way to create one. Every company and factory might have a different set of needs and the tech packs will change accordingly.
Before you get started...You could:
Or you could get a condensed version below:
Technical Overview page: (pg 3 of 5)
1) Logo – Adding an image of the company to your technical files add a touch of professionalism.
2) Company Name – Add the name of the company, just in case the name isn’t in the logo in order to make everything crystal clear.
3) Page Description – Give titles to all of your pages (example: Technical Overview) this way everyone will know what the page is about at a quick glance.
4) Style Number - Most companies have their own numbering system which you can input, or you can make up your own style number
PRO TIP: Here is my way of creating a style reference number.
Style Number - SS20T01
• SS = Spring / Summer Season (AW for Autumn/ Winter)
• 20 = The Year 2020
• T = Top ( P = Pant, SK = Skirt, DR = Dress...etc)
• 01 = Style Number 1